The Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, MEXT, offers Scholarship to Tongan teachers who wish to conduct research on school education at designated Japanese universities as Teacher Training Students.
MEXT accepts applications from Tongan teachers who meet the requirements for study in Japan. Its aim is to foster human resources who will become bridges of friendship between Tonga and Japan through study in Japan and who will contribute to the development of both countries. Applicants must return to Tonga and resume their work immediately after the end of scholarship period.
(1) Academic and Career Background: Applicants must be graduates of universities or teacher training schools and have worked as teachers at primary/secondary educational institutions or teacher training schools (excluding universities) in Tonga for more than five years in total as of April 1, 2018. In-service university faculty members are not eligible.
(2) Age: Applicants must be born on or after April 2, 1983.
(3) Japanese Language Ability: Applicants must be keen to learn Japanese. Applicants must be interested in Japan and be keen to deepen their understanding of Japan after arriving in Japan. Applicants must also have the ability to do research and adapt to living in Japan.
(4) Other requirements: There are some other requirements the applicants must be met. Please refer to the following website to find more information.
Study in Japan:
Please download the required forms form the website above. Applicants must submit the required documents to the Embassy of Japan by the designated date.
*Please note the submitted documents will not be returned.
(1) Deadline: 4pm, Friday, 9th March 2018
(2) Place: Embassy of Japan office at the 5th floor of National Reserve Bank of Tonga Building
(3) Documents to be submitted: Please refer to the website.
* Medical Certificate is not required to submit at the point of application.
The Embassy of Japan will carry out the primary selection of applicants by means of an interview, a written examination, a review of the submitted documents, with the schedule below;
(1) Written examination
（1） Date: Tuesday, 13th March, 2018 from 9:00am to 12:20pm
（3） Place: Embassy of Japan conference room (Suite 2) at the 3rd floor of National Reserve Bank of Tonga Building
（1） Date: Tuesday, 13th March, 2018 from 2:00pm to 5:00pm
*Applicants will be informed of the time details at the beginning of the written examination.
（2） Place: Embassy of Japan office at the 5th floor of National Reserve Bank of Tonga Building
MEXT Scholarship for 2018 Teachers Training Students
December 14, 2017