Arpil 6th, 2016
Application for Japanese Language Program
- - This program is intended to offer outstanding students of the Japanese language at universities, colleges, and the educational institutions abroad the opportunity to visit Japan and deepen their understanding of the Japanese language, society, and culture for the purpose of further encouragement of their study.
- As for the details of the Japanese Language Program, please refer to the Program Announcement(Front Cover/Contents)
- Embassy of Japan will carry out the primary selection of applicants by means of an interview, a written examination, a review of the submitted documents, and Japanese speech in the Japanese Speech Contest hosted by Embassy of Japan and Ministry of Education and Training on Friday, 22nd April, 2016 at St. Andrew's High School.
- Applicants who pass the primary selection will be recommended by Embassy of Japan to Japan Foundation Japanese Language Institute, Kansai as candidates for Japanese Language Program.
- The applicants must submit the following documents to Embassy of Japan by Wednesday, 20th April, 2016 (The deadline must be met strictly). The documents are available at Embassy of Japan's Office or through the links below. Please note that the submitted documents will not be returned.
- Application Form
- Self-Introduction Form
-Script of speech
- Certificate of Health *only for those who pass the primary selection, by 9th May
- Copy of Passport *only for those who pass the primary selection, by 9th May
- - Date: Friday, 22nd April, 2016
- Time: From 8:15am
- Place: Conference room, 3rd Floor, National Reserve Bank of Tonga Building
- - Applicants are to prepare a speech in Japanese and present it in front of the audience within the designated time limit. (if applicant continues to speak over the time limit, one point will be deducted for each minute).
- Date: Friday, 22nd April, 2016
- Time: from 12:30pm *Applicants must be arrive by 12:15pm.
- Place: St. Andrew’s High School
- Theme: Free (Choose your own them)
- Time limit: 5 minutes
- Judges will evaluate the speakers in accordance with the following criteria.
a. Contents and Structure: creativity and clarity of opinion effectively developed and coherent storyline.
b. Presentation: whether the speech was presented in communicative and appropriate manners; whether it was presented without a script being read out; whether the time limit was strictly kept.
c. Grammar: proper and accurate use of grammar and expressions
d. Vocabulary: richness of vocabulary and expression
e. Pronunciation and intonation: whether the presenter’s pronunciation is easy to understand and does not prevent the audience from comprehending the contents.
*Using translation software to write a script is strongly prohibited.
*Doing erformance is not allowed which includes singing, dancing or playing musical instruments.
- Results of the primary selection will be announced at the Japanese Speech Contest.
- - Japan Foundation Japanese Language Institute, Kansai will conduct the secondary (final) selection of the applicants recommended by the Embassy of Japan.
- Results of the secondary selection will be notified by telephone from the Embassy of Japan.
(1) Documents to be submitted
(2)Written examination and Interview
(4) The Announcement of the Primary Selection